Start a new topic

Sonoff Motion Sensor

A motion sensor which could then trigger other linked switches would be very useful. I would like to do a setup where I have a number of motion sensors and a number of lights. Any sensor should trigger all lights. Or each sensor triggers specific lights. Thanks

66 people like this idea

The loop timer is incredibly useful. It can be used to switch a device off (or on) after a fixed period - i.e. if you want a porch light to go off X minutes after being switched on just set the Restart Cycle to X minutes and the action to Off - then disable the second part of the loop timer function by removing the tick from the box. This can also be combined with PIR activated lights using the RF Bridge to trigger scenes. This has not been well detailed yet by Ewelink/Itead.

This video describes how to set .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3l4feglDCmA&t=5s

Looks like the loop function has changed since the last time I looked at it.

Have a go at using the "inching" functionality on the Settings - enable inching and set time - every 500 duration equates to 0.5 seconds - can set from 0.5seconds to 10 hours!

The PIR needs to be able to trigger the Countdown feature 

2 people like this
I have a problem setting myself for just one hour.
Or ITead could just enable local MQTT publishing in their firmware and app. So we could use our own mqtt server with like Node Red or OpenHab, for complex rules. Then PIR using their RF relay hub would be very powerful.

1 person likes this

Dear Mr Peter. Your suggestion looks good. Only one thing that i dont understand is the "countdown set on the rf hub, button 1, to press, which I have set to turn the outside lights off. " How the switched go off? how to set count down on rf bridge? Request to explain.

hey i'm using the door sensor  from sonoff with the ewe link app, very cool stuff however i would like to know if there is a feature to turn off the alarm during the daytime?

example:

front door: can i add a timer that i only get alarm form 22hr till  06u

backdoor: can i add a timer that i only get alarm form 22hr till  06u

Window: always on

grtz

Hi, I have a Sonoff s20 plug that has the Rf hub plugged in, this has a schedule to turn on at 16:00 and off at 07:00. RF Hub has a 4 button remote Button 1 of remote is set to active a wall light switch (T1 Wi-fi/rf version,) button 2 (channel 2) that is wired to my outside lights. So the RF Hub is only physically on at that time, so if the PIR detects movement it can’t activate anything. I then have a scene in EWeLink: Condition, Master device RF Bridge, PIR Perform Target RF Bridge 4 button remote, button 1 Lights are on :-) Lights OFF Then using the awesome IFTTT APP If channel 2 of Front door is turned on, then Run a Stringify Timer Stringify runs a timer and ends with an action that turns off channel 2 of the wall light switch (T1 Wi-fi/rf version) Any more help just ask away, it took me ages to figure it out :-) now if only Xiaomi Mi home would talk to EWeLink!! (Without Flashing) I also have another that uses iftt and Stringify that detects my location and I enter an area, (Stringify) but only if date time is Nighttime, that runs an IFTTT that turns on my sonoff lights outside and in my hallway. Then Stringify starts a time for a few minutes then turns off the sonoff light.

I have several Sonoff basic wireless smart switches which work great with eWeLink and Google Home. If I get the motion sensor and the 433 bridge will I be able to use Google Home to control the lights?

The goal is to have the motion sensor control the light, but to be able to override the current state by using Google Home.

This is a fantastic thread! Love what you guys are doing!

Login or Signup to post a comment