Start a new topic

How to make switched on sonoff touch?

Hi, how can I turn on the same light with two sonoff touch? I do not mean to make a scene with the two and turn them off at the same time by wifi, if not to which one of the sonoff touch is physically pressed and the other is turned off. If this is not possible how are switched lights made?

4 people like this idea

to Nulda: Sonoff works only with Hot wire (L) and Neutral wire (N).
In your case, for two switches is wiring diagram similar then my for three switches.
Switch 1 - is master switch, from this switch is L out and N is connected to light, PE - is earth (not connected to switch)
Switch 2 - to this switch is connected only L in and N wire.
Physical connection betwen these switches doesn´t exist because they comunicate thru network.
For right function is necesery create scene in ewlink as follow:
When switch 1 is on then switch 2 is on also.
When switch 1 is off then switch 2 is off
When switch 2 is on then switch 1 is on
When switch 2 is off then switch 1 is off
Basically, it's what EW wrote.

PS: sorry for my english language.

sonoff.png
(22.7 KB)

Are you from Czech Republic? If yes, can you send me your mail? :-)

Slovak republic :-)

I am considering the following possible solution for 2-way switch with or without neutral wire. With neutral wire, Use TC1 as main switch and for the second switch use an RF transmitter shaped like a wall switch (instead of remote). It appears the VHome transmitters use the same EV1527 chipset but I have not tested this. If there is no neutral wire at all then one can also install the Sonoff RF & IP66 switch in the ceiling and the RF transmitter on the wall. To have more than one transmitter, one would have to duplicate the transmitter OR have the Sonoff Receiver accept more than one transmitter OR install another RF Receiver module into Sonoff RF & IP667 switch, but I don’t know if this can be done. What do you think?
The right solution is to make it one Real switch. And the other a fake. And then use the app to create a Sense rule to link them together. Nice and easy!
@Arye: Thanks, yes I will do that first (for now) for my 2-way switch. However an RF solution would be faster and wouldn’t require an internet connection, which is ideal for a wall switch so that it always works even if there is a connectivity problem somewhere. The other way would be for Sonoff to produce its own transmitters (like VHome) which could be cloned.

Why not connect all N of the switches parallelly to the light and still use scenes? This way, all of the switches would work if there is no WiFi... 

1 person likes this

@Srdan: That would work but would require new wiring installed in the walls. It would be best to have a way of retrofitting smart switches that uses traditional wiring in the walls for 2-way switches or bypasses the wiring requirement all together. 

Maby This helps olso: I like to explain How to turn on/off A scene with A switch 433mhz and Sonoff RF. Buy A Sonoff RF and A double/triple switch 433mhz Go to RF brige + Alarm connect one of the buttons to the alarm Afther you connected the 2/3 buttons, Go to the scene menu, make Add a new scene Scene Name make your name. When iT meets + trigger device, RF Brige and choose one of your Made buttons Execute + choose the devices you want to turn on/off and save If you have questions ask in replay in the forum

Srdan Letina: How do you mean connect all N wires parallely to light ? Can you upload wiring diagram ?

Dear, Patrick
Do you have black color?
Ref: https://www.itead.cc/sonoff-t1-us.html

The software solution using scenes works well but there is the limit of 21 scenes so the limit of 10 switches in a whole house. I reached this limit and I still missing the 3 bedrooms with 9 switches.

Login or Signup to post a comment