What a pleasant surprise to find that Google Home integration is now working with Sonoff devices. After linking eWeLink with Google Home, I can now perform these functions:
- turn on/off lights, coffee, tv/stereo, etc just by simple voice commands
- with Google Home's room function, I can say turn off Kitchen and the whole kitchen shuts down - lights, coffee, and other cookers obey in one command.
So the next step in home automation will be integration with IFTTT. With this, a whole new range of wondrous capabilities can happen:
- turn on/off lights, tv/stereo, heater/AC, etc. automatically when you go/leave home
- log device activities in Google spreadsheets for later analysis
- turn on heaters at home or in green room, etc. when weather reports say it's getting cold
- many-many more
Please Itead make this happen and your devices will be in greater use and demand.
Be nice fr the B1 to change colour when an IFTTT trigger occurs.
Just a random thought following on from the RF bridge discussion. Sonoff make an RF capable version of their basic switch (Sonoff RF if I recall) which is a standard single channel Sonoff with an additional RF control. Could the Bridge be used to activate the Sonoff RF via which in turn could send out IFTTT commands (as it is a standard Sonoff switch)? This may be a workaround in relation to solution to Tony's solution? Sorry, don't have the components to test the idea.