Start a new topic

20th Jan 2018 sonoff devices are not responding with amazon alexa. Please help;

As per the subjtect. 

It is 20th jan and my 24 sonoff device swiches are not working with amazon alexa. They are responding to the app of ewelink but not amazon alexa. 

4 people have this problem

Yes, I’m giving up on these devices, I had more problems when the servers went down last week can’t put up with their unreliability, I can’t even get them to work with ITTT since they updated the app, ITTT doesn’t even recognise them. Shame because when they work they are decent enough.
Tom , Mike here - the amazon device (Echo) works fine with the Sonoffs which use humidity and temperature probes (TH16s) but the older (my switches) which will not automatically upgrade their software will not work properly. You have to switch them on with the phone but alexa will switch them off. The TH16s have a newer software the older switches were probably before Amazon Echos had been invented. 

Graham, Mike here - the amazon device (Echo) works fine with the Sonoffs which use humidity and temperature probes (TH16s) but the older (my switches) which will not automatically upgrade their software will not work properly. You have to switch them on with the phone but alexa will switch them off. The TH16s have a newer software the older switches were probably before Amazon Echos had been invented.

Mike, I’m using the small in line switches, I can get them to work with Echo and Google Home but my gripe is the stability, twice in the 3/4 months I’ve had them, both echo and Google have lost connection, the app was upgraded and the last time they failed there was a message on the app that the servers were down and would be off for one hour....well it was more than that, For me the app also changed the device types in ITTT app which was a good backup for device commands but the app won’t let ITTT recognise the devices, it only recognises switches.
Login or Signup to post a comment