Start a new topic

Error adding Sonoff to server

Hi I ordered 7 Sonoff wifi switches but so far havent been able to add them to the server. The error is after the device name is entered and says " add failure". The light blinks twice fast like its connected to wifi but not to server. Router is operating correctly. please help!

16 people have this problem

I have the same problem. I tried everything that this person,(bobbytod) but there is no success. please help me too.

"Hi I ordered 7 Sonoff wifi switches but so far havent been able to add them to the server. The error is after the device name is entered and says " add failure". The light blinks twice fast like its connected to wifi but not to server. Router is operating correctly. please help!"

I have been working .wifth several sonoff devices during a few weeks with no problems.  Today, when I open ewelink the following message is received: "eror to obtain the list of devices". The led of devices are flashing two times repetitively, so connection to wifi is working, but are not connected to the ewelink server.

Could you help me?

1 person likes this

Nobody will help U... nobody will help me 2..... know why? THEY HAVING A NY PARTY HOLIDAYS AND THE DONT CARE AB AS IN THAT TIME.... ITS SICK! For the second time that i use those switches - it crash for a long time.......... 

Today 20/02/2018 this morning ally sonoff devices offline. Failed to connect. I've tried to reload and didn't work. Error message check network connection. Look like server down or firmware issue. Help me.

green light on it LIGHTS ALL THE TIME (no blinks)

anybody know something?

Servers have been down since 8am today. Android app gave message in app saying servers were being upgraded and to come back in a couple of hours. Servers came back online at 10pm here. Still can’t get device list from the app but all switches are now connected and working with Alexa. If you are trying to setup a new device I’d wait till tomorrow to see if the app is working and the servers are stable before trying. If the server is dropping out or the app is losing connection then you won’t stand a chance! Back in January the servers were up and down for nearly two weeks so don’t hold your breath.

I tried to add a new Sonoff Basic into my existing list but couldn't get it to work. App showing offline but I realised Alexa discovered the device. I think it hooked up onto my router but not register to the server. The device blinks 1 time every 1 second. 

This is ridiculous, we can't relia on this. How many times its been down and there's no notification before upgrade work carry out. I've been chasing all day I thought Internet causing issues. Itead Need permanent solutions.

Don't waste your time. Just wait until they fix their servers. The same thing has been over New Year and it took about 2 weeks for everything to go back online.

I've tried for many times and for may methods to pair a new sonoff device, the device pairs, appears on the app, but everytime appears as "offline". F*cked rubbish.

Good morning,

I live in Brazil, this week I bought two devices (Sonoff 4CH). One of them is not connecting to the Server.

Both devices are getting IP address and connecting to the router.

I did the following troubleshooting :  

Another device works in the same conditions

Ping Servers Ok

Restarted device

Disabled Firewall 

Changed DNS

Turned off all devices in my network, except for Cellphone and  Sonoff.

Could you please help ?

Thanks in advanced.

Hi there Help please. I try to pair my sonoff, so the green light must blinking all the time and try to pair with the app the process starts and suddenly the green light stops blinking all the time and blinks 2 times fast and stop for a second and this go on and on. The app says communication error can anyone help me please. The device has problem? I do something wrong? Because when I buy it I didn't know that I must be an Internet guru to pair the device.
Login or Signup to post a comment