Start a new topic

Sonoff RF bridge doesn't learn remote buttons, always times out

I'm trying to get the Sonoff Bridge to learn remote codes from this remote APA3-1500R. This remote is operating at 433.92MHz

The bridge goes into learning mode, I hear a beep and the red led is flashing. However, I try many times to learn different buttons, but it always fails after one minute with a timeout error.

This way the bridge is useless to me. I'm following the instructions closely. Is there a way to fix this? Can you release a firmware update?

Thanks,

Johan

22 people have this problem

Yes, the 4 button remote can learn codes that the bridge cannot. And yes, the bridge can learn from the 4 button remote.

The 4 button remote is specified to read many different protocols and maybe the output contains "Lighting4" protocol, which might be backward compatible with older protocols! - This is pure quessing.

The EWeLink app. has 4 button for programming. After succesfully programming these I used the "Curtain" function ("right", "pause" and "left") to program 3 further buttons, which gave me 7 buttons in total and they all works fine. I have not tested the "Alarm" function yet.

Found som specs on which codes (PT2262 PT2264 PT2260) Sonoff Bridge supports. Take a look at the picture.

The same codes are supported on the 4 button remote earlier mentioned. See link in earlier post.

The thing is useless: I've tried 5 different 433 devices - OK, 2 have rolling codes so they for sure won't work - but I would have expected my cheaper 433 switches to be able to be linked  :(

I'm still waiting for my cheap 433MHz remote to arrive to test it with the bridge and my Mertik Maxitrol remote. Don't think it's a rolling code as some other solutions claim to be compatible.

Good luck! It works with nothing as far as I can make out...

I hope it works for you Kallum,

You clear the small remote by pushing the two big buttons at the same time ontil it flashes rapidly. Then it is ready for programming. Place it as close as possible to the remote you want to copy. Then push the button you want to copy and at the same time push one of the 4 buttons on the small remote until it flashes rapidly. Then this button is programmed.

Even if you have cleared the small remote, you can always recall the last programmed keys by pressing the two small buttons at the same time for a few seconds. - Good luck!

I could not get my bridge to work but I did a some troubleshooting so hopefully this can help anyone else having issues.

This is also directed to remote outlet plugs such as Etekcity Wireless Remote Control Electrical Outlet.

I don't know the codes specifically but these remotes are 433 MHz.

First you need to understand how the codes are being used.  I made the wrong assumption about how the codes work.  I thought the code worked as a toggle.  This is not the case.  One code is sent for OFF and one code is sent for ON.  Understand though that some remote do work with one command and as a toggle.  You can figure this out by knowing whether one button controls the ON/OFF process or two.

Anyway moving on the the learning process.  This assumes you have the bridge paired and your phone sees the device aleady.

1. Follow the instructions to program the handheld remote button 1 (not your phone but provided with the controller)
  2. Test to make sure you can turn the controller ON/OFF from the handheld remote
  3. Get out your phone 
  4. Make a two button RF remote option on your phone.
  5. Label the RF Remote name: Desk Lamp
  6. Label the button 1 name: On
  7. Label the button 2 name: Off
  8. Press and hold the On button to enter learning mode
  9. On the handheld remote press and hold button 1 On until you hear a beep.
  10. If the phone fails to show the button is learned within two seconds, wait 8 more seconds then press and hold the button 1 On again.
  11. Repeat 8 until the phone times out or the button is learned.  Only press one button at a time during the learning process.  Don't press the button 1 OFF from the handheld remote, you'll only be sending different codes to the bridge which only accepts one code
  12. Press and hold the Off button on the phone to enter learning mode
  13. On the handheld remote press and hold button 1 OFF until you hear a beep.
  14. If the phone fails to show the button is learned within two seconds, wait 8 more seconds then press and hold the button 1 OFF again.
  15. Repeat 8 until the phone times out or the button is learned

It took me a long time but basically I brute forced the learning process and kept trying.  It would sometimes take two to three times before the process was successful.  Also these controllers are not fast.  Meaning if you try on the handheld remote to to rapidly hit the button 1 ON and the button 1 OFF, it won't do it.  Sometimes you need to wait a bit before sending the controller ON/OFF commands.  

Obviously the naming conventions in the above example don't matter.

This is my current ewelink setup

I did this so I could have a coherent reply from google.  So when I say "turn off floor lamp" she replies with "turning off floor lamp".  If you use the ON/OFF labels like the above, google will reply with "Turning off the Desk Lamp off", which is just clunky.  So in my setup "light" means ON and "lamp" means OFF.  BTW the spoken command of "turning on" or "turning off" with google means the same thing.  So I could say "Turn on Desk Lamp off" and she will send the off command.  Google can't tell what the code is off or on due to the one way communication of the remotes.

Anyway I hope this has something in it to help with others setup.

I too hope that the support team's list is just an excerpt, and am looking forward to a more complete list. And those examples are just remotes with a manual button! What about alarms and 433MHz RF dust/dawn sensors? I tried those of HomeEasy, CoCo, Smartwares. Just one of them seems to learn. But I cannnot use it, every scene or trigger screen says 'no devices'. I carefully read the manual, but am note sure how to read the following: "In smart scene, RF Bridge 433 (Android 3.1.0 and higher)-the added Alarms can be set as the trigger device." Should I be able to use a sensor as a trigger on IOS?
I too hope that the support team's list is just an excerpt, and am looking forward to a more complete list. And those examples are just remotes with a manual button! What about alarms and 433MHz RF dust/dawn sensors? I tried those of HomeEasy, CoCo, Smartwares. Just one of them seems to learn. But I cannnot use it, every scene or trigger screen says 'no devices'. I carefully read the manual, but am note sure how to read the following: "In smart scene, RF Bridge 433 (Android 3.1.0 and higher)-the added Alarms can be set as the trigger device." Should I be able to use a sensor as a trigger on IOS?

Ainda não desisti! 

Alguém sabe-me dizer este é um controle compatível com Bridger 433 

SC2262 

Não está funcionando!

I eventually got the £2 rf remote from China. I got impatient and bought a £5 from amazon before. They're nearly identical. Neither can learn the buttons to control my fireplace :( I guess it's not just the rf bridge at fault. It's a Mertik Maxitrol G6R-H4T5-GA if anyone finds a solution.

I tried three remotes -- Sonoff didn't learn any of them :(   Disappointing!

I've done research.  My remote is 433.92MHz. It uses 'amplitude-shift keying' and 'surface acoustic wave.'  Not sure what that all means -- but am guessing it means Sonoff cannot work with it?

Is that correct??  Sonoff RF Bridge 433 is not compatible?

The link is here https://www.sparkfun.com/datasheets/Wireless/General/MO-SAWR.pdf 

I'd appreciate it if anyone can confirm!?

I just bought two of this and it paired fine and I updated the firmware but the problem is it won’t learn my RF remote light switch? It’s a clixmo touch switch and uses 433. My broadlink rm pro+ learns the remote without issue but using the Sonof to learn my remote it doesn’t work. Please help me!!! I bought the RF bridge for Alexa because broadlink RF remote doesn’t work on Alexa skill

Hi, I bought recently 5 pcs Sonoff RF. The pairing with the Wi-Fi LAN is easy and works fine. The pairing with the RF tx is not working. I followed several procedure, both by using the switch on the main board and with the switch on the rx. By using the pairing straight on the IM160127001,is it possible to pair all 4 buttons, but the button A, if paired, does not have any effect. The button B, if paired, works, but also the C and D are working at the same time, so you can use only one remote commander that operates simultaneosly al Sonoff RF within the RF range. The problem seems in the interpretation of the code present at I/O port P0.0, P0.1, P0.2, P0.3 of the EFM8BB10F. Any solution to fix this bug?

Login or Signup to post a comment