COUNTDOWN TIMER FROM MOMENT OF STATE CHANGE
as i seen now the way to create any countdown timer has no regard to the current state of the sonoff. when a timer is created (of any kind) it creates a TIME-STAMP to change the state of the switch.
is it possible to create a timer lets say to turn off an appliance 20 minutes FROM THE MOMENT it was turned on? (its good even if this effects only turning on via push-button)
with the current situation if i create a loop timer or any other it may turn off the device after 2 minutes as the timer is not counting from the state change.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
I do indeed support this idea.
What I would like to see is that for example with the Sonoff touch, you can program it via the app so that when you switch on a light, a count down timer starts and after for example 2 min the light turns off.
This would be useful in a restroom for example.
By allowing you to program it once via the app, you eliminate the need to setup the timer each time you want to use the switch.
This is exactly what I was hoping to do with these devices. For my heating I just want to turn on for 1 hour - so that the sonoff automatically turns off after 60 minutes.
Struggling with this too
On the verge of buying one, waiting for this feature!
1) set loop timer to turn "off" after 1 hours and 0 minutes in "start in status". 2) unselect "after" to blank out "change status to:". 3) select "Complete" to save. You can test it with lower time duration. However the timer is not accurate, it normally turn off earlier. This is my main use for my Sonoff T1 and basic.
I'd like to be abble to have a simple count-down timer, i.e when I turn ON the device output, that automaticaly turns OFF after a fixed time.
The existing timer feature have to be enabled at each run and it's very inconfortable.
I'm currently using wall switches, Wifi Bridges, POW R2 and smart switches and so need this features for all those.
At this time, I'm using time schedule features to turn OFF each 5min but if I turn ON near off a scheduled time, it turns off near immediatly.
Try this new setting, it may work:
Sonoff Touch USC1 (live power always connected, firmware version 1.8.1) connects to a bathroom heated rail, set to touch on and turn off after 2 hours, the settings are:
- in Device Setting, set “Power on state” to OFF (initial state to OFF after power outage), other setting to off
- Loop Timer “Cycle” set to 23hour 59min (maximum cycle) with “Start action” to OFF
- tick/select “After” with duration 2 hours with “Action” set to OFF.
Sonofff Basic (firmware version 2.6.0) connects to driveway lights, the power is connected by normal light switch and normally the switch in off position. It sets to turn off after 30mins after normal switch on, then I will turn off the light switch much later to reset the cycle, the settings are:
in Device Setting, set “Power
on state” to ON, other setting to off, i.e. the light turns on when the switch is turned on
- Loop Timer “Cycle” set to 23hour 59min (max cycle) with “Start action” to OFF
- tick/select “After” with duration 30 min with “Action” set to OFF.
Thanks HOA for the countdown settings.
I tried both the above but it doesnt work for me.
I have the latest firmware.
My EweLink for my lights I want to turn off after set time has dates as well as times in the loop settings.
If only the countdown timer page allowed you to grey out the date bit it would be perfect.