Start a new topic

Sonoff T1 EU replacing Motor Clockwise/ Anticlockwise?

In the past I bought myself a Motor Clockwise/Anticlockwise Running WiFi Wireless Switch Model: IM160601001 to control, in a case (see picture) a roller shutter. I was perfectly happy with this product and was willing to buy more for my other shutters. But then found out it was retired. Since then only 1 shutter is controlled by my smartphone.

Now I read about the Sonoff T1 EU: 2 Gang WiFi RF Smart Wall Touch Light Switch. This might be the solution to my problem. In my opinion I could use the 2-gang version to replace the Motor Clockwise/Anticlockwise. There is only 1 catch. When using gang 1 the power to gang 2 should automatically be cut off. And when using gang 2 the power to gang 1 should automatically be cut off as well of course. Would this be possible?

Thank you up front for your help.

1 person likes this idea

I don't see that as a benefit, sorry. I use 1 button for up/down and 1 button for stop. This latter button takes care of taking power of off the ralay. You use 2 buttons for up/down and 2 buttons for stop. My way is much simpler in my eyes. And I avoid scene. I'd rather rely on hardware than on a WiFi signal.

In my situation the relay takes care of safety in regards to just giving voltage to 1 input at the motor, And that with just 1 button.

But if you like your sytem better, it is okay of course. It is not a matter of right or wrong. It is a matter of preferences.

Maybe I was misunderstood. In my solution I have totally 2 buttons: one for up, and one for down. And if I want to stop the shutter I just have to press the actual button again, as  the traditional shutter switches work. The relay is used only for the physical protection against a software failure to not to be able to give the power for both inputs.

I understood what you meant about the 2 operating buttons. But not "If I switch off both of them, it will stop at the current state.", Now you wrote "And if I want to stop the shutter I just have to press the actual button again".

You use the relay as a mechanical protection? That is in case of a malfunctioning scene function? Why not directly using the relay?

I left the scene function out and use only the relay.

I still feel that my solution suits me best. 1 Button for up/down and 1 button for stop. Furthermore, what you use as "protection", the relay, is my first choice. In this case I feel, less is more.

"But not "If I switch off both of them, it will stop at the current state.", Now you wrote "And if I want to stop the shutter I just have to press the actual button again"."

This is the same. When you switch on one of them, it will switch off the othes by scene therefore you have to press the switch which is On (only one can be On by scene). Like the old fashioned shutter switches.

Whit this I can say to Google assistant to Shutter up or Shutter down even if it is in the middle.

But I thing both solution (I mean yours and mine) is a good solution. For me the relay is needed only for the ensurance (I don'T trust in eWelink in 100% percent, but even when I'll turn to home assistant, az an ELectrical engineer I trust more in HW than SW :D)

FaBRiK, about this:

"Make a scene in eWelink to switch off the L2 when L1 is on and vice versa and also a scene to just switch off both."

You already try it? 

Some time ago I try it with the Two Pow Sonoff and this was not supported. Then, I ask to itead if it was supported in the wall switch used in this topic and the answer was negative.

However the eWelink app has been improve and it seems much more faster now.

Maybe the scenario involving  two different outputs of the same hardware piece is now supported, but it should be tested :)

"When you switch on one of them, it will switch off the othes by scene therefore you have to press the switch which is On (only one can be On by scene)". This is what I tried to avoid. I don't trust this either. That's why I dont understand why you don't leave scene aout of this and only use the relay.

But as you wrote, both ways work and we are happy with it ;-).

@Nuno, if you go 4 months back in this thread you can see I used it. I have posted the same items here again. This was in using scene.

MOV
(835 KB)
T1 EU 2.png
(79.4 KB)
T1 EU 1.png
(80 KB)

1 person likes this

Yep, @Henry your right, sorry!

In your video the performance looks good. But I'm agree with you. I don't thrust in scene neither.

It works great, but there is always the risk of internet/WiFi failure. This knowing it was too big of a risk to use it for a shutter motor ;-).

Login or Signup to post a comment